ABOUT STEVEN W WILSON
- From Delaware, Ohio, now resides in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Bipolar disorder is a devastating assault on your mind and how it functions. For me, it was deep depression which resulted in anxiety, ruminations, inability to make decisions, anger, suicidal ideations, and sleeplessness.
- Diagnosed with bipolar disorder at age 28 in 1978 after being misdiagnosed as clinical depression in 1972.
- About four years ago I went to a trauma therapist to put to rest past traumas. She had me lay out my life from my earliest memory to the present. Six months later upon completion of this task, we were going over the occurrences and my therapist suggested I write about my life. After several days of preparing an outline and possible chapters, I took up the challenge which resulted in “Teetering on a Tightrope.” I also enjoy listening to audiobooks.
- I begin my day by visiting my favorite breakfast venue. Then I run errands for my wife. Later I swim a few laps in our pool. Some time is reserved for marketing my book. My day ends with a couple of hours of tv. Weekends are left for Ohio State Football and PGA Golf.
- Twice a week for seven years I have facilitated two mental health support groups.
7. Never give up. By following the advice of your therapist and following you medication regime you can still have a productive and rewarding life. If you think you can do this on your own, YOU CAN’T. Seek professional help and go to support go to support groups. If you can open up to someone in your life about what you are going through.